Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Society and those inspirational quotes

Ok when I was in a store downtown there were these inspirational quote magnets
You know those ones that everyone seems to love?
“Dance and sing like nobodies Watching” “Be Yourself”
Ok first of all those are complete Bullshit . I have sang and danced in public
And everyone stares at me like I’m crazy!
I do be myself! but nobody seems to enjoy that. They just think I’m weird or mentally ill.
They just stare and get intimidated. And think I have issues.
Why do people love these magnets, T-shirts, buttons, Posters, ect.. When it is
Not socially acceptable to do these things?
You don’t see people all by themselves singing in public do you?
But we all seem to adore these inspirational quotes and “Live by them”
When in public people are not encouraged to actually do them.
I’m an emotional person that just lets out my emotions! I will cry in public because I’m upset and not hide it and be ashamed. I will sing and laugh when I’m happy. Even if I’m alone and nobody is walking with me doing the same. I’ve got emotions! I have depressing times! I feel love!, I feel delighted! I feel inspired! I AM LIFE! I am a creature with a heart, a brain, lungs, intensities, blood and flesh! We all are! And should not find it inappropriate in our society to just be ourselves. People have to go to conservative jobs and have to be a little obedient slave with no expression, Working in an office for the rest of their life. Just pretending to be that successful executive.
When I mean different I don’t mean getting a load of tattoo’s or dying your hair. I don’t mean being a creative artist. I don’t mean dressing like a hippie. I don’t mean being a rebel of society.
I mean just being yourself. People think only creative people are themselves. You don’t have to be an Andy Warhol to be yourself. Just be yourself.

No comments: