Thursday, November 22, 2007

Ridiculous Christmas gifts for kids

Check out this outrageous fad from my child hood "OK lets spend hundreds of dollars on a computer that our child will grow out of in a year! I think six year old Tina needs her own computer room all babrie decorated too! and lets spend hundreds f dollars for the Barbie themed room too!"
WERE ALL DEVO!


Every little kid seems to want a nat damn Wii, Nintendo DS, Play station portable or an ipod
Some Parent's are actually stupid enough to buy their little 6 year olds a $300 Ipod.
There are accessories for Ipods that appeal to young children. Their are cartoon character brand MP3 player accessories. I saw Barbie speakers in the Sears Christmas 2007 catalog! Their is a barbie doll that you plug your ipod into and she sings!
This is just wrong. Barbie appeals to girls 4-9 years old. this is complete bull shit. Why would you buy a young child such an expensive item? They just loose that stuff! They just throw the stuff around their room. A child that young mentally doesn't know how much an expensive electronic costs. They will just treat it as any other toy.

Heres a true story. One of my good long time freinds her little brother got a Nintendo DS last Christmas. He was 7-years-old. You know what happened? He lost it! Right away just like that.
Five months later his big sister found it under his bed and it was broken. The Nintendo DS cost me $150.00 Plus I bought three games and some accessories at the time. That came to
$300. CAN. I feel bad for his parents. They like to joke " Santa gave him the Nintendo not us!"

When I was little (In The 1990's) I always envied my brother because he had his own TV and Sega Genesis in his room. My mom would tell me "Marlys your six he's fourteen! You not getting a TV in your room. A TV costs a lot of money and your brother is older and knows how to take care of his things better" I understood my mom very well. Finally Christmas 2001 came and I got my own TV when I was 12 and a video game machine when I was 13.
Now-a-days I have known so many little kids with TV's in their rooms. It is very unhealthy for such a young child to have a TV and video games in their bedroom and the parent will have no control with a gaped-toothed sneaky six-year-old playing games in middle of the night. Anyways video games prevent proper development in young children. It makes them less creative and more into zombies. Over stimulation from the games affects the child's sleeping and learning patterns. Children under three should not watch TV and children under Nine should not play video game. Anyways thats another story. I understand the peer pressure and how much it seems necessary for your child to have these pricey material items and show off at school what they got for Christmas.

Heres the bottom line: Buying your child such expensive "toys" for Christmas is flushing money down the toilet. They will eventually loose these things unless if you keep a lose eye on the item.
Yeah and their not "Toys" they are expensive electronic devices.

No comments: